Saturday, August 13, 2016
Tuesday, August 09, 2016
New tutorials for MagicPicker... 57 of them!
The tutorials for MagicPicker, the Photoshop (and Illustrator) color wheel panel just updated! Recent tutorial #57 describes how to change colors of shapes and text in Adobe Photoshop with one click.
Tuesday, July 26, 2016
MagicPicker 5.0 is out and here I prepared some resources dedicated to help: Tutorials database on all panels including MagicPicker and MixColors (DiskFonts too!)
Extension Manager, that lets manage (install, remove and update) .zxp extensions on Adobe Creative Cloud and Creative Suite (Mac & Windows)
Link to MagicPicker, the Photoshop color wheel
Upgrade to the recent version of MagicPicker
Tuesday, July 05, 2016
MagicPicker 5.0 is here all new!
My color wheel panel, MagicPicker just updated to v5.0! Colorize Shapes & Text, view current Color Name, HSL, YUV values on color wheel. Also new Interactive Help, beautiful Retina, 4K, 5K+ display support! Optimizations for Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop CC2015.5 and all versions from CC2015 down to CS3
Here's the list of changes:
NEW! Colorize Shapes and Text in Photoshop (activated from menu).
* Colorize individual shapes with color feedback.
* Control hue of groups of shapes – shift hue and color temperature.
* Works with Tone Lock and K-Lock.
* Lets assign tranparent color to Fill/Stroke
* Works with text, lets change multiple shape and text layers at the same tume
NEW! Assign transparent color in Illustrator and for Photoshop shapes/vectors with Ctrl/Cmd Click
Exchange colors for shapes, exchange with transparency
NEW! New color spaces and color values on the corner of the wheel.
* Switchable button on the left bottom corner
* HSB, RGB, CMYK, YCbCr, YUV, XYZ
* Color names display (X11/HTML standard)
* Copy values to clipboard with one click
NEW! Interactive help (activated from menu)
* Click on any UI element to get full tutorial with description how to use it and what it means
NEW! Full Retina support! Fine beautiful icons – icons got a HiDPI treatment. Use it on Mac 5K and Retina and 4K displays on Windows & Mac
* Improved performance on Retina and HiDPI/4K/6K displays
NEW! BG/FG link now works when using eyedropper – perfect helper when using Brush with Color Dynamics
Underlying framework has been rewritten from scratch to support CC2015.5, newest and upcoming versions of the Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
Performance improved, 2X faster in many scenarios – when scaling etc.
K-Lock now correctly works with the eyedropper in all scenarios and document color modes
More UI improvements and fixes for dialogs
Fixed various small bugs, including B&W button behavior when BIG colors are on
Fixed b&w button when using big swatches
RGB/HSB rulers now can be scaled even more!
Fixed disappearing background color
Better compatibility with CC2015.5
Fixed icons on HiDPI and Retina displays for Illustrator CC2015/2015.3
New indicator for transparency in Photoshop and Illustrator
Fixed MagicPicker icon on Illustrator CC 2015+
Improved and fixed small bugs in Photoshop and Illustrator on all Adobe Creative Suite/Creative Cloud versions
You can upgrade here: MagicPicker 5.0 upgrade
Get MagicPicker color wheel-based panel for Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator
Wednesday, June 01, 2016
Tutorials knowledgebase for my plugins & panels for Adobe platform
The time has come to bring all the tutorials, best practices, tips and tricks for MagicPicker color wheel, MixColors color mixer and DiskFonts font managemeant plugins in one place! There are now more than 50 of them now and the list is growing! The tutorial knowledgebase is now live, covering hints on using the panels under Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and other Adobe family software.
Tuesday, March 29, 2016
Extension Manager for Adobe platform is out of beta!
Finally! My extension manager for Adobe Creative Suite and Creative Cloud is out of beta!
- Supports all .zxp and .mxp extensions, including 3rd party plugins
- Windows & Mac OS X compatible - native app for both platforms!
- Full Adobe CS5, CS6, CC, CC2014, CC2015 and CC2016 support (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Premiere Pro, Flash Pro, Fireworks)
- Bugs fixed and UI is improved by users' feedback
The extension manager supports managing of MagicPicker, the Photoshop color wheel and any 3rd party extensions!
Friday, March 11, 2016
Some new fun experiments with digital painting (a small break from development of MagicPicker color panel and color wheel for Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator).